Thursday, November 26, 2009

Responsible Weather

Do you ever feel singularly responsible for the weather? Eying your bathing suit creates a freak May snowstorm? Grabbing your sun glasses before dashing out the door causes non-existent clouds to appear over the orb? Or donning some sunscreen to pro-actively prevent premature wrinkles causes it to rain as I damply discovered today.

I am very sun conscious. Not just in the obvious season of summer when the sun's rays assault the northern hemisphere with greater intensity but also in winter when the snow acts like a zillion focusing mirrors on your face.

I spend a minimum of 30 minutes outside every weekday walking to and from school. It is recommended that sunscreen be worn if you intend on staying out-of-doors greater than 20 minutes. This morning, the sun was shining, the snow was reflecting, I was slapping on some sunscreen.

I am convinced my preventative actions made it rain. There is no other explanation for the rain other than that I put on sunscreen and the sky was giggling at me for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment